Collection

Collection
FOREVER YOUNG editorial

Sunday, June 14, 2015

FoodFashion




It's time for me to visit again, to one of my fav "grub spots", MARIETTA located in the Clinton Hill section of Brooklyn.  I had the unexpected pleasure of experiencing the delicious, comfort American cuisine for my past birthday celebration with a best friend. We started with the WHITE BEAN HUMMUS, which was really good, considering I've never been a white bean fan. The accompanying warm, buttered Pugliese bread was more than enough to stand as an appetizer alone.



You can see from the image, bread outweighs the portion of hummus, but all the while, I had no complaints, just bread to go with my incredible entree of BLUE CRAB SPAGHETTI. Anything with seafood gets my attention on a menu. The chiles give me that "zing", as I love all things spicy. The plum tomatoes are savory and the crab meat is sweet. Topped with breadcrumbs, I practically ate with my closed to heighten my sense of taste. Mmmmmmmmm, it was so damned good!

 

My best friend ordered the grilled chicken breast with straw mushrooms over a creamy polenta and jus. Moist and juicy; creamy and rich; succulent and fragrant. The fond from the pan-seared breast brought it all together. #Winner


Cliche as it is, last-but-not-least, dessert was the period to a great meal. We split, (by request of my best friend) which was a small chocolate cake lava cake with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. #AllGone











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!!

Dwight "Allen" O'Neal said...

I really enjoyed the food here. However one of my favorite spots in Brooklyn with great Southern New Orleans style cuisine is Catfish

gigi said...

Will definitely add this place to my list!